Tuesday, January 18, 2011
It's time . . .
It all started late last Wednesday night with Madison and a sore throat.
That's all it takes to move me to def con 1 in the mommy-nurse position. My girls can hit 104 faster than OJ on the interstate, and sure enough, Maddie spiked at 3 am.
We've all been playing a nasty game of 'catch the cooties' ever since.
I'll spare you last weeks' details. It suffices to say, a body knows when it's time to get back in the game.
And finally we're seeing the light at the end of the tylenol/cough drop/theraflu hazed tunnel!
- When the girls are wearing bikinis because their unmentionables are all dirty, it's time to do laundry.
- When every surface is covered with crumpled Kleenex, it's time to take out the trash.
- When the kids are eating cereal out of a coffee mug, it's time to do dishes.
- When you start recoiling from the light like a vampire at dawn, it's time to throw open a few shades.
- When the house smells like a chemical plant due to the Lysol and vapo-rub, it's time to open the windows.
- When you've been living on a steady diet of saltines and sprite, it's time to hit the grocery.
- When a weeks worth of home school lesson plans don't have a single completion, it's time to hit the books.
You get the gist.
Anywho, it looks like the worst is behind us. (And a lot of 'catch-up' is ahead!)
Ahhh. It's good to be back.