"... TO GIVE UNTO THEM BEAUTY FOR ASHES, THE OIL OF JOY FOR MOURNING, THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS; THAT THEY MIGHT BE CALLED TREES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,THE PLANTING OF THE LORD, THAT HE MIGHT BE GLORIFIED." ISAIAH 61:3

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Monogamy - sooo over rated.

Wha-huh?

Now stay calm! Before you brand me with a scarlet letter and start mourning the fate of my immortal soul, understand . . .

I'm referring to the expanded definition of monogamy:
     5 [muh-nog-uh-mee] noun - The state or quality of being loyal; faithful adherence.

This definition, and this one alone, can be stifling when coupled with a narrow mind or a blind eye. When dealing with the little things in life, variety is key! Change things up, be a swinger!

Take my cell phone for example. I had used a Motorola
Razor for years! When one would fall apart I'd buy another. The color might change, but that was as far as it went. I knew what I liked and was fiercely loyal, so why look around, right?
  Hellooo Gigi!
This is the new iPhone that has stolen my heart! It was an anniversary gift from Joe, and I absolutely LOVE it! He's been offering to buy me one for quite a while now, but I was set in my ways. Oi! When I think of what I was missing . . .

Restaurants are the same way. I have one fav dish that I order over and over. Why mess with a good thing? But seriously, being loyal to one menu item? Live it up! Try something new and exciting! Last time we went to Olive Garden, I passed on my usual grilled Chicken Alfredo and took up a delicious affair with the Chicken Gnocchi soup. Yumm-o!

I love football! But every year seems to be a challenge as far as loyalty is concerned. When you move as much as we do, there are a lot of teams to choose from. Do you stick with the previous state or try the new one? I know some people say that long-distance relationships can work. But for me, if you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.

Now I say again, this is only acceptable when dealing with the little things.

On the BIG things, I'm as chaste as they come!

I am faithful to my God - unshakably.
I am monogamous in my marriage, in every definition of the word - unwaveringly.
love my family - unconditionally.
I am loyal to my country - proudly.
 
It comes down to this: Open your eyes. Exercise your mind. Understand the BIG things in life and take a stand. Know why you believe what you believe. Is it habit or conviction? Faith and loyalty are precious commodities. Make sure you give them where merited.
 
As for the little things? Go ahead - have a fling.

5 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. We are so alike sometimes.

    now as for the food? for so long I ate the same thing, because I knew what wouldn't cause me pain later. Now that I'm anew woman, I might explore a little more...within my diet limits of course. :)

    hope you are having a great week1 Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carpi Deim... is the Latin for "seize the day or the moment."

    That is about all the Latin I know...HA!

    Great Post, Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang,
    Mind you, I try! I'm on my 3rd cell phone - had it for a year and a half - it has a camera which I think I accidently used one time - I still haven't mastered loading phone numbers - set in my ways, I guess. Really, just scared of trying to relearn another thing - though I've been tempted by Amb to get one of those them there thangs you can play scrabble with multiple others - of course - that would just add time I wouldn't have for something else.

    I have, however, launched out - and just today took my mandolin down from the shelf, took my first lesson and just now sloooooooooooowly strummed through Amazing Grace - using 3 different chords. I'm singing and flinging, cuz.

    Jim-Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I about spit my coffee when you said, "be a swinger!" Love it.

    Isn't the iphone the best EVER??? LOVE IT. Will never go back. Never ever.

    Oh..and have I mentioned lately that I adore you?

    ReplyDelete