"... TO GIVE UNTO THEM BEAUTY FOR ASHES, THE OIL OF JOY FOR MOURNING, THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS; THAT THEY MIGHT BE CALLED TREES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,THE PLANTING OF THE LORD, THAT HE MIGHT BE GLORIFIED." ISAIAH 61:3

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Only Breakfast - I'm just sayin'.

So we went out for breakfast the other morning before hitting the "Wal of Marts" (nod to Amb;) for our bi-weekly shopping trip. All was bliss until I heard the total - $24.00!!!

EXCUSE ME???

Now, I'm not opposed to paying a fair price for a meal. But you gotta understand, this wasn't a  welcome-to-chez'blah-this-way-to-your-seat  kinda place. Nay, nay. This was a  walk-to-the-counter,  pray-they-get-the-order-rightcarry-a-tray-of-paper-wrapped-food  kinda place.

A quarter Benjamin?!? For one biscuit, a little sausage and something that passes for potatoes?

I guess I'm showing my age a little. I sound like my dad with the "When I was a boy..." syndrome. Although, when he was a boy, he could go to the square in Harrison and get four hamburgers and four cokes for $1.00!! How sweet is that?!

Are my girls destined to repeat the process when they hit their 40's? After paying the tab for their brood, will they breathe a heavy sigh and reminisce "Yep, breakfast was only 24 bucks when I was a kid!"

I'm just sayin'.

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Wait till both your kids no longer like the happy meals and eat more than you... Of course I have a grouping BOY with a bottomless pit for a tummy. 24.00 actually looks good.

    However, you are right. It is CRAZY expensive.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a "grouping" boy?!!! LOL I meant "growing." I need to start spell checking before posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang,
    Do you realize that four breakfasts down the road, you've spent a hundred smackers? And that doesn't count the gas you bought to get there and home. I know, too much information! I'm just sayin', too!
    Jim-Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang,
    I can't believe that I spend the kind of money you are talking about and it hardly brings a wimper... If you can't lick-um, join-um... It's only money. I remember back when I was buying burgers for 20 cents someone who had been to Alaska told me burgers there were going for a $1 or more. I thought they were pulling my leg. Boy, I thought, I would never spend that much for a hamburger. HA! HA!

    Great Blog as usual

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete