"... TO GIVE UNTO THEM BEAUTY FOR ASHES, THE OIL OF JOY FOR MOURNING, THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS; THAT THEY MIGHT BE CALLED TREES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,THE PLANTING OF THE LORD, THAT HE MIGHT BE GLORIFIED." ISAIAH 61:3

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Stewing. I'm just sayin' ...


Usually I'm a pretty happy person.
Traffic doesn't really bother me.
I've learned to handle crowds.
I try to take 'rude' with a grain of salt because I don't know what kind of day people have had.
And hey, this is the city.

But sometimes, just sometimes, things stick in my craw and I can't seem to shake them!
I stew for days over what I should have said wanted to say.
Darn that "turn the other cheek" business!

Anyway, sometimes I have to let off a little steam.
Relieve the pressure.
Talk to myself like a crazy person!

So here goes. About six months worth of,
"Why I oughta!" . . .


*To the woman driving the minivan while simultaneously trying to wolf down one of those mega sized pixie stix - My bad! I never should have stepped off that curb while you were recklessly trying to blow through that stop light!

*To the guy in a hurry at Lowes who didn't want to wait his turn, and was apparently under the impression that I made my purchases for the sole purpose of ruining his day - "Same to you, Buddy!!!"

*To the kid who was disrespectful to the elderly cashier, cursing at her and causing quite a scene, then stomped out and tripped over the curb - BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*To the salesmen knocking on my door at least three times a week - I do not want roofing, siding, lawn aeration, carpet cleaning, upgrades to my Internet, or a deeper understanding of Joseph Smith!

*To the guy walking the beautiful husky - Seriously?! How would you like it if I followed you home and let our dog take his evening sit-down in your yard?!

*To the cashier who was obviously having a bad day when my daughter asked the price of a stuffed animal - You snap at my little girl again, there will be no 'comment card' or speaking with a manager.
I will simply mess.you.up.

OK. No more of the negative.
There were also a few times an act of kindness slipped by without an opportunity to say thanks!

*To whichever of my kind neighbors chased down my Christmas wreaths in 60 mph winds and returned them safely to my porch - Thank You!!!

*To the could-be-an-NBA-star at the grocery - Thanks for helping this vertically challenged housewife with the top shelf!

*To Mr. T, Mrs. S, and Ms. C in AWANA - you have been an incredible blessing to the girls - Thank you!

*To the elderly gentleman in the wheelchair - Thank you for your kind words about the girls. They were happy to help!

*To whomever put these signs on all the cars up and down the block -











Well done! There's nothing like a smile and word of encouragement to start the day!



So that's it.
All things considered, it's not such a bad list.
And once again my craw is clean! For a while.

I am human after all.

And humans stew.

I'm just sayin' . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment