"... TO GIVE UNTO THEM BEAUTY FOR ASHES, THE OIL OF JOY FOR MOURNING, THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS; THAT THEY MIGHT BE CALLED TREES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,THE PLANTING OF THE LORD, THAT HE MIGHT BE GLORIFIED." ISAIAH 61:3

Monday, April 30, 2012

Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.


Many of you may know, others maybe couldn't care less, that this is the 70 year anniversary of one of the greatest classic films ever made!

I'd seen it's clips and heard it's quotes all my life, but had never sat and watched it beginning to end.

Then one night a couple of weeks ago, Joey called.
Of all the cinemas in all the towns in all the world, guess what was being brought back to the big screen for one night only?


Joey was just getting off work when he called and was exhausted. I was decked out in my oh-so-comfortable, but not-quite-presentable 'housewife' garb. If we were going to make showtime we had less than a half hour to become presentable.
Pay-per-view and a pizza at home were looking pretty good. But we knew if we missed this once in a lifetime opportunity, we'd regret it.
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of our lives!

With my dad in town to help out with Bo's surgery, Joey and I knew we had to grab this rare and wonderful opportunity to go on a date!

It.was.awesome!


Ugarte: You despise me, don't you Rick?
Rick: If I gave you any thought I probably would.
I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray,
you wore blue.
Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find out
gambling is going on in here!
Croupier: You're winnings, sir.
Renault: Oh, thank you very much.
Sam: "You must remember this . . ."

Here's looking at you, kid.
Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?
Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
Renault: The waters? What waters? We are in the desert.
Rick: I was misinformed.
We'll always have Paris.
Louis, I think this is the beginning
 of a beautiful friendship.

Funny, romantic, dramatic.
Packed out theater. 
People in fun costumes.
Applause from everyone when the credits rolled.

Cinematic gold!

Thank you, babe, for one of the most memorable date nights ever!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment